Saturday, August 28, 2010

In which I fascinate you with an account of IHOPU and tattoo ideas

Current Tunes: Ingrid Michaelson
Current Plans: Eat, laze about, buy foodstuffs, edit?, PR tonight
Current Excitement: Living the dream. :D

Hey all.
I've wanted to blog for like a week. But there was internet issues, lethargy issues, and avoidance issues. But here I come!!

So. Two whole weeks of classes down already. Soooo much time with Jesus. Soooo many revelations of who He is and who He wants me to be. Too much for a blog post, so don't expect it. :D

On the practical side, classes are gonna be fine. Requiring a lot of reading/reviewing of notes, but that's easy peasy. Choir's gonna be the bomb, because JAYE THOMAS is my choir director. He's officially my favorite person at IHOP. We're gonna be sining at the Awakening at the end of the semester, so that's really exciting! Ummm...

Still treasuring the fact that I'm in a subculture that values honesty, integrity, honor, generosity, kindness, selflessness, joy, and purity. You don't really get a lot of that in the 'real world.' Everyone I've met so far has just drawn me in with their love of Christ. I want to make friends with everyone on campus right now, haha. Working on that goal. I just like being around people who are wholeheartedly kind and real... It's hard to explain, but it's so so delicious. There's no sniping, gossiping, judging, malicious speak, dirty jokes... It's like rated G but so much fun. It actually makes my heart break for all the people in the world who degrade themselves and their tongues for this kind of fun. Those people who toss their heart ceaselessly around in the hope that someone will hold it even if it's just for a moment. Here, you trust people with your heart. In a sense. It also makes me so sad to think of everyone who has to shoot up their bloodstream with artificial fun in order to feel like they're okay with being alive. Because I've seen the other side of the world- that simply by being genuine and surrounding yourself with people of integrity, you can receive the most pleasure. ENDRANT.

Today was SUPPOSED to be semi-productive, but for the first time I didn't wake up to the babies this morning, so I accidently didn't wake up until 10:30, which meant my day was doomed to be full of lethargy. So. Showered already, so that's a start. Working myself up to eat some lunch, do laundry? Maybe? Target can happen tomorrow or Monday, I'm not in any kind of desperation as far as food. Yeah, haven't done laundry yet and still pretty nervous about it. It just seems like if anyone could screw it up, I could.

OH. Man, this week I've been bitten by tattoo fever. Okay, so my whole life, I never really wanted a tattoo. I always wanted a nose piercing, like since sixth grade, but that's it as far as desired body modifications. But in the past year or so, I've seen so many unspeakably beautiful tattoos that are giving me a new perspective... And then you come to IHOP where like every other person and their mother has a tattoo. And suddenly I'm overwhelmed with the deep desire to have Godwords all over me. Idk.. I'll never be like, covered in tattoos, but suddenly I have a LOT of ideas for locations and words and stuff. I always promised myself that I would never get a tattoo that holds no deep meaning for me, so you won't see me getting frivolous, flowery, 'I got it cuz it was cute' tattoos, I promise.

The one I most want and the one I'll probs be getting first is the one on my collarbone. I'm not sure exactly how it'll look yet, whether it'll be around the collar bone, or in broken paragraphs on each side. The lyrics are "This is my call, I belong to You. This is my call to sing the melodies of You." If it's around the collar bone like a necklace it'll only be the latter half. Idk. I spent all morning looking at tattoo ideas online and I'm suuuper excited! Other places I'm thinking about are my right wrist, behind my ear, my neck, and my foot... which all seem to be the most painful places. But... my dream tattoo that will NEVER happen but would still be awesome would be an awesome tigre on the side of my ribcage. But anyways, other than the collarbone, they'll all be little things like one word, Bible verses, the like. I also would like to get a tattoo outline of MN someday just to remember where I came from and where the people I love are... Assuming I will not be living in MN for the rest of my life.

Wow. Okay that was a long and uncharacteristic rant about tattoos. Idk, I'll keep praying about it, but I've seriously been thinking about it SO MUCH in the last week. Haha. Excited.

Um, so I love living on my own... I love the people/staff here... I love the prayer room, mostly... I found a mall! Civilization! Me and my friend Jeff got Cold Stone there... And they don't have small sizes, so you get so much ice cream that you throw up, basically. Love it. Kind of wish I had a maid. And a job to pay for the maid... my salsa grew mold after one week and I don't know what to do about it now... I'm getting to be so ninja at killing spiders. :D

Today is an Ingrid/Adele/Maria Solheim/Alexi Murdoch/John Thurlow kind of day... Jeese, only 2.5 hours till I have to be in the prayer room again... If I could change one thing about IHOPU it would be that we could have a day, even a weekend off... God forbid we get to go home... D: But I love it still, flaws and incongruencies, and miscommunications and all.

Alright, I'm audi 5000.

<3

2 comments:

  1. Yay! An update!
    Does your Target have Oops All Berries? Dad wanted to buy you some and send them to you.
    Throw the salsa out--did you have it in the fridge? Cuz that's where you should keep it after its opened.
    Now, GO DO YOUR LAUNDRY!
    Love you!!!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES it does have oops all berries. it has errythang. I know I have to throw it out... I don't know how. If I put the salsa in the trash it'll attract bugs and smell until Wednesday... and what about the glass jar??? Ugh. Life angst. And I don't have enough laundry to do laundry.

    ReplyDelete