Wednesday, August 4, 2010

In which I talk about packing and pre-moving out revelations.

Current tunes: Cory Asbury
Current plans: ... Undecided. Maybe a night at home.
Current excitement: Moving out this weekend.

So.
This is real life, man.

Haha... Well, I've spent the day packing my clothings (3 containers, one box, and one laundry basket FULL), jewelry (one spiderman lunchbox), cameras, cds, schoolstuff, and other miscellaneous odds and ends. I also COMPLETELY cleaned out my car. So I'm feeling pretty accomplished, but surprisingly not worn out. But as much as I'd like to go out and SEE people and DO things, I really, really am feeling a quiet night home.

I guess this week kind of surprised me. I didn't get a 'summer' this year, save a few sweet and short weeks. My summer was literally spent work, work, working. And not for a bundle of money, either. My body actually wakes itself up between 8 and 9 now... What the biscuit is that about?? Adulthood, I tell ya. Really all I want is like another week to sleep in past 10AM, be careless and silly, and spend time with my oodles of good friends. But Sunday's D-Day, and I'm out of here.

Mama and Papa are following me down there in the van, and I'll be moving in Monday, so sayeth THE PLAN. Gahhh, I have SO MUCH STUFF. Just stuff. It's verging on hoarder-status. I don't even know what half this STUFF is, or why in the world I'd ever want to save it. I hope Missouri can teach me a thing or two about simplicity.

How am I feeling about moving out, you ask? Well let me tell you: I am AFRAID. Last night was the first night I really let my brain process the fact that I am leaving my parent's home, and I'm not gonna lie, I felt like crying. I still do. But in a good, this is how it's supposed to be, and I can't wait to start the next part of my life sort of way. Plus, it's straight up Biblical, this 'leaving the house of my father to follow the LORD' deal. But I've never faced such a HUGE change before. New school, new home, new room, new state, new friends, new freakin' ZIP CODE (which I still have to memorize... dang.) I guess I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to feel. I'm excited, yes, totally-- because I know this is where God is leading me. And I promised Him that I would follow where He led me. And He promised me that He would not leave me alone, even for one STEP of that journey. So I trust that He'll be with me... But I also keep thinking of how achingly I'll MISS everyone. From my random friends, to my closest friends, my family, my churchfamily... even my coworkers! I have such a wide support system that I'm a little nervous as to how I'll do down south, without everyone physically with me... But then I remind myself that there are so many methods of communication these days that I won't have any excuse for missing anyone.

I'm also anxious that I'll forget something, or I'll do something really stupid, or that I'll be the least informed person there. So there's that... but like Kendra loves to remind me, GOD DOES NOT GIVE US A SPIRIT OF FEAR. So I'll be remembering that frequently.

Sooooo. I've been to Target like 10 of the last 14 days. Pretty sure. I'm buying up the store, I tell you. And I went to MOA/Ikea twice in three days, so that's kind of amusing. Purchased a table @ Ikea. What seemed impossible and improbable 8 months ago is now all coming together right before my eyes, and the astounding comfort and provision from the LORD are quite apparent. So praise His name, praise His name, praise the God of us.

also. Thinking of getting a tattoo that says "This is my call, to sing the melodies of You." They're lyrics from a Sixpence None the Richer song. But just thinking. I'm a poor college student now, so I may have to pass on the ink.

That's it for now.
<3

1 comment:

  1. I looooove you.
    I'm so so so excited fo you Shon, really I am.
    I've always thought about what it would be like, moving out, and now it's right around the corner. Well three whole days for you.

    As far as the tattoo- DOOOO ITTT.
    Kloveyoubye!

    ReplyDelete