Thursday, October 21, 2010

In which I am really sick.

Current Tunes: Ejah and Sofi chattering away. :D
Current Excitement: ....maybe getting down some applesauce soon!
Current Plans: Lay in bed, watch Return of the King, edit some photos, read, nap, be really sick.

Bahhh. So. When I moved to MO, I was sick for eight weeks. Then, miraculously, I felt normal for almost two full weeks!
BUT THEN, yesterday I woke up and felt. like. death. Oh my goodness. I went to the PR and sat there for 30 minutes. But then I sneezed and decided to go back home and sleeeep. So I did. I woke up and went to class @ 10, and managed to stay alive for that. I couldn't really engage in the ministry time though... D: Anyways, I tried to go to my small group but my small group leader took one look at me and made me go home. I did, and I also called work and told them I wouldn't be coming in. I HATE calling in sick (esp when it's only my second week working there!!), but I was feeling so bad that every movement hurt. I figured I had strep or mono again. My throat hurt, but compared to everything else that was the least of the pain... I had body aches, a severe headache, ear pain, lethargy, and a general feeling of 'I am going to die right now.' So I napped a little off and on for a few hours. Then I tried to eat but couldn't get very much down... I watched Two Towers and tried to stay very still so my body wouldn't blow up. I called a clinic and she said I could go to Urgent Care that evening... So at five thirty I called them and made an appointment for 7:30. I got there at 7:30, in incredible pain. And didn't get called in until... 9:30! Yeah, it sucked. I cried.

My temperature turned out to be 102.3. I tested negative for strep, but doc said it was just too early to tell. He seemed really surprised by all of my symptoms and the fact that I had recently been sick for 8 weeks. He talked to himself for about 5 minutes about what drugs he should give me. He even suggested to himself that he give me narcotics! I was like, that would be AWESOME. Lol, but no. Just some antibiotic that he stressed 'tastes like metal.' Anyways, I don't know how I'll actually get them. I feel in no state to go to Walgreens right now. D: I haven't showered and I really don't feel like putting clothes or make-up on. Gahross. Maybe I'll feel more up to it in couple hours. I still have to call work later and tell them I won't be working this weekend, but I hope I'll feel better on Monday. I haaaate missing work. I don't want them to think I'm a flake. I need to take some painkillers, but I drank some water this morning and it felt like pins and needles all down my throat... so we'll see how THAT goes. BAH. Being sick is the pits, esp at IHOP where stuff never stops and it is 'unpleasant' to miss things.

Okay. Enough boring stuff about how miserable I am.

Let's talk about my VISIT HOME TO MN!
It was ... THE BOMB. Seriously I had such a good time. Every moment was precious to me. I kept reminding myself that I was home, home, home, where things make sense and I have a grip on reality! Anyways. I got home around 1:30 AM Friday. Slept for a bit... Then I went to Chapel at Bethel and had a TRUE BETHEL lunch with my soulmate, Matteo. I looove him. He showed me his dorm and it was really cool! Then I went home I think. And saw BRENNAN, Because he's the very best. Then I had Panera with Denika, which was tender. She is my favorite, and I love her, and I love her, and I love her. Afterwards I kidnapped William (not really though) and we did some photographing downtown and I tried my very first tea! So that was cool. On Saturday, I got some true quality Korsmoe...Zech....Meyer family time! We went to two apple orchards (heaven!) and had lunch at Famous Dave's. It was hilarious how full we all were afterwards. I loooove my people, I really do. Especially the smallest one, because he is funny. Anyways. In the evening time Will and I crammed a lot of super cool activities into the hours we had. I had my first Noodles & Co!! I had the mac and cheese (don't judge) and it was FANTASTIC. I'm already dreaming about going there again. And again. All in all it was a grrreat day. Sunday I saw my BFF Kendra (who I wish I had had more time with!!), we went to church, and I had my favorite lunch with my familia! Then I was off, back to KC with mixed emotions. Nobody ever said how hard this independence thing really is... D: But there was a gorgeous sunset over Des Moines that evening! I may or may not have photographed it whilst driving.

I've gotta type up a quick assignment for Practicum, maybe take a shower/eat food, and then it's back to lazing about and praying that Jesus makes me all better quickly.
'slata gatas.

No comments:

Post a Comment