Sunday, March 21, 2010

In which I am frustrated

Current Tunes: Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
Current Excitement: Thrifting on Tues with some fantastic girls.
Current Plans: Movie, reading (Great Expectations by the one and only Charles Dickens... we'll see how that goes...), get ready for school in the morning, sleeeeeep... hopefully.

Baahhhh. Spring break is over!! I hardly did a thing. I swear. Oh well. Just... like two more months of classes then I GRADUATE. Which means summer, which means so much reading, sleeping, playing, hugging, singing, and laughing. And photographing. Bah. So today was a BIT productive... I worked on my FMA application, read the novel for my JapLit class (Silence by Shusaku Endo), tried a new cookie recipe that my dad loved, finished a book that I love (Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks), and practiced guitar. I stayed home from church and felt bad about it, but I really needed that extra hour of silence to help fuel me for the day ahead. I'm in a phase right now where I can't function unless I've had some solid Shonna time. I hope it blows over soon, because when in this phase I tend to be extra irritable and self-critical. And a bit lazy, to be truthful.

I am a little frustrated currently. I think it has to do with the fact that I'm hungry and my room is a mess. And there are a few people that I dearly long to have a conversation with, but there are limitations on many of my relationships. Therefore I keep quiet. I apologize for being vague, my head is a mess ahora. I just didn't have a good night last night. One of my worst lately, in fact. If any of you reading this enjoy being prayer warriors, just pray for me, please. I just need a little faith. I really, really need to clean my room. Maybe tomorrow. I'm a bit upset that I didn't get to start painting my new room over break (my dad neglected his fatherly duties, but he had a stressful week)... but that's fine. I love my current room anyways, so the wait won't be agonizing.

I've overbooked myself this week, I think. I hate that, when I fill every free space with people, promises, and responsibilities. But then again, I've been alone too much lately, and could use a bit of busy productivity and socializing.

Well, just one more week of my FB fast! I'm quite excited to be reconnected. I feel like I have NO idea what's happening in anyone's lives. No one calls or emails anymore. Texting is insufficient. I am out of the loop... which is not fun for a gal like me who loves her friends genuinely.

Okay, imma go gorge myself on fresh baked cookies, lose myself in a film, and gear up for a freaking busy week. I pray God gives me the grace to get through it!


This is what I looked like all day. I'm sitting in my new room, because I like the emptiness. It's where I keep my guitar now.

Read Psalm 139.

No comments:

Post a Comment