Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In which I am excited about His love

Current Tunes: Snow Patrol
Current Plans: Do some reading for Soc, watch the Office, shower, sleep.
Current excitement: Senior photoshoot tomorrow! My first in awhile. ;)

Hola mis compadres. I've been busy, to say the least. I had a nice weekend- went to MOA wiff ma gurls, and my sister's bridal shower was on Sunday. Sarah, Koby, and I went to EpicLife Church before Bridgewood Sunday morning and it was cool to see everyone who used to go to Bridgewood. I rather miss all of their sweet faces. EpicLife seems like a neat place and I'd like to go back!

Yesterday (Monday) was super busy... class, photoshoot forkicks with Shelby, work, then worship practice till 9:45. I was only home during the day long enough to take a quick shower. But the photoshoot was suuuuper fun! I'm also super joyful that Spring is arrived. I HAVEN'T WORN SOCKS FOR SEVERAL DAYS!! That is a HUUUUUGE deal to me. Also, the swamp in my backyard is alive with billions of chatty frogs and toads. They never stop making noise. It's incredible how much they have to say.

Anyways, so the Holy Spirit's been talking to me recently about His love and mercy. And how tremendous they are. I'm only beginning to comprehend. A song that gets me every. single. time. is the song "How He Loves." The David Crowder Band sings it, and we sing it in church/chapel alla time. Listen toooo ittt... I'm srs. It helps to put His love in perspective... "I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He loves us, oh, how He loves us..."

Some verses that I've been really focusing on lately are Romans 5:8 ("But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."), Psalm 65:3 ("when we were overwhelmed by sings, you forgave our transgressions."), and Romans 6:14 ("For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace."), as well as my favorite, Hosea 2. All of these verses center on how God loves us DESPITE, IN SPITE OF, IN THE FACE OF our sins. Our dirty secrets, our hidden shames, our painful memories and swallowing guilt. He still loves us. It's one of those things my head knows, but my heart is still trying to figure out. This concept is something that I'm really trying to grasp right now, because I'm commonly deceived by the Deceiver into thinking that my past mistakes make me unloveable by the Uncreated Creator. Although these verses say that God loves us even when we sin, I think He's leading me in the direction that while yes, He loves us even though we're sinners, He loves us too much to let us continue to sin. Because sin separates us from Him! It's a process, it's a developing relationship. I will be the first to admit that I have a heck of a lot to learn. But thankfully, my Teacher is patient, wise, and merciful. And awesome!

Just wanted to share with you where I am right now with God. It's an every day effort, amigos. It's not easy; it's called the Narrow Way for a reason. But He is GOOD. And He's in control, thankfully. Thankfully, thankfully, thankfully.

Also, if any of you are like me and are wondering about God's plan & direction for your life, here's an encouraging verse:
"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it' " (Isaiah 30:21).

Peace.
<3
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment