Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In which I discuss illness and redecorating.

Hola mis compadres. I have confirmed that I have at least three readers, so that's great! How do you guys loooove the new layout? Idk I'm feeling black and white right now. I am SO cool. Anyways.

Current Tunes: Misty Edwards
Current Plans: Well. I should be sleeping. AHORA.
Current Excitement: I have to be honest with you. I've been bitten by the prom bug.

Soooo. Because I recently turned 80, my body is quite accustomed to a schedule. And because my schedule was thrown to the wind this weekend, my body thanked me by getting me reeeaaallyyyy sick. It started with a nasty sore throat which I originally attributed to all the crying and singing, but then it progressed into a nasty headcold and cough. So please pray that I feel better as it is seriously compromising my functionality.

Ummm. What else is new in my life? I've been looking online at bedding for my new room and prom dresses all day. I'm so excited about life right now! Also, I decided I'm going to paint the new room a LOVELY minty green. Like from the seventies. Oh, I have such a vision. The next order of business is to figure out how I'm going to fit three bookshelves in that tiny room. Mum suggested I could maybe put some things in the nook off the family room so I may take her up on that. Bah.

So the illness is going around at work, apparently. Because on Monday and tonight I had to work alone (there are usually two shelvers working). On the one hand, I like working alone because I am MISS INDEPENDENT. But on the other hand, it's really stressful to do clean-up for the whole library, esp. when the media is piling up and those Q books won't stop coming! Lol, library lingo. Anyways. I hope I don't have to work alone on Saturday! I've got the 8-hour shift that day... woohoo? Money, I guess.

Speaking of which, I need to go grocery shopping. But I definitely will NOT be going to Walmart. Remind me to tell you that story sometime.

So tonight, I planned to snuggle in bed and watch the Office... But on a whim I clicked on a link on my Twitter that took me to the video archives of the Student Awakening at IHOP. I haven't watched the live feed much lately, so I tried to catch up by watching some of the testimonies. It was soooo satisfying to hear all these fantastic stories of healings-- both physical and emotional! People are SERIOUSLY being healed from back pain, asthma, cancer (!), arthritis, and all sorts of pain as well as depression, suicidal thoughts, self-hatred, anxiety, and sexual addictions. It's so fantastic to hear about. Here's the link to the live feed: http://www.ihop.org/Publisher/Article.aspx?ID=100006525 PLEASE watch some testimonies and get ready to have your mind blown by the Holy Spirit!!

I really need to start blogging more, because errythang I have to say never fits in one post alone. I still have so much more to tell you guys!! God is moving in my heart. He's really healing the wounds. I'm so excited about the absolute freedom there is in His love. And you know what's even more awesome? He LOVES to heal us! It's not a burden for Him, or a hassle. He DELIGHTS in restoring us. So you don't have to feel guilty or shameful about asking Him for some help. He wants us to run to Him with our burdens, to lay them at the cross. So take a chance.

Here's the chorus I love from the Relient K song "Forget and Not Slow Down": I'd rather forget and not slow down than gather regret for the things I can't change now. If I become what I can't accept, resurrect the saint from within the wretch. Pour over me and wash my hands of it. 'Cause I could spend my life just trying to sift through what I could have done better, but what good do what-ifs do?
It's a reeeeaaalllyyyy great song & album so have a listen. 


That's about it for now, folks. Though I only said a fraction of what I started out to say. Can you believe it? There is SO MUCH stuff in my head. I'll be back sooner than later.
Sweet dreams my darlings.

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment