Thursday, March 18, 2010

In which I love Brennan and Bethany

Current Tunes: Handel's Messiah
Current Plans: Talk to Brennan, run some errands, then choir concert!
Current Excitement: I ordered my prom dress yesterday!

Bahhh. So mum's over yonder talking to Brennan. He is over today, and he's a grump! Fussy baby. He screamed at me for nearly half an hour instead of going to sleep. I was grateful for mum to come home and take over his care. So now he's crying to her. Hahaha. But I love him still. Before he became a menace he was quite animated and telling me all about his day. He's such a funny baby. We are listening to Handel's Messiah because it's one of the few things that he'll quiet down enough to listen to. He looooooves music. Also we were watching Hidalgo together for a bit and he enjoyed that. Gotta love Viggo Mortenson.

So I'm on spring break, but it's not very break-y. So far I've worked, went prom dress shopping, babysat, and worked. I have had some spare moments for reading. But not enough time to get errythang done! Some goals I have/had for spring break include(d): painting my new room, cleaning my room, beginning the process of moving some stuff downstairs, practicing guitar, filling out my IHOP application, working on my IHOP audition, finishing all the books/movies currently on loan to me from the library, watch Horatio Hornblower, catching up with/finishing homework, and... I need to buy shampoo. Today. So... Currently I have no plans for tomorrow, so maybe I can make it a somewhat hermit day and get a bunch of stuff done. I work again saturday, and sunday will be church/homework...

I honestly don't feel like I'm on any sort of break. My classes usually just fill in the gaps between my already busy schedule. I guess the biggest bonus is getting to sleep in the past two mornings.

Alrighty. So lately I've been on a serious Bethany Dillon kick. Every song of hers that I listen to just knocks me off of my feet lyrically, musically, vocally, and spiritually. I love the way she talks about God, and to God. Here's a verse from a song I'm digging called "Let Your Light Shine." I think it's off her most recent album, but I'm not sure...
'The Calmer of the Sea here in this room with me
So gently welcoming the weakest things in me.
You are the blood over the door of my heart.
What pain you spared me from, how could I know it all?'

The line about the blood over the door of her heart is a Biblical reference to the feast of the passover. When Moses was trying to convince Pharoh to let the Israelites go, Pharoh's heart was hardened and as a result God sent several plagues over Egypt. One one particular night, God told Moses to have all of his followers paint their doorframes with lamb's blood: a sacrifice. That night, God passed through Egypt and killed the firstborn of every household. If a home had lamb's blood on the door, then he would pass by them and leave them alone. Hence, the Passover. (Exodus 12:1-13).

In the song, Bethany writes that Jesus is the blood over the door of her heart. She's saying that Jesus is the sacrifice, and His blood saves her from death and Hell. So, thanks Jesus, for saving us. I also love this verse for the imagery of God being in the same room with us. The creator of the WORLD, of the UNIVERSE, loves to hang out with US. One on one. AND He loves the weakest things in us.

Well, the whole song is great, just like all her other songs. Soooooo check her out, pals!

Mum's trying to force Brennan to watch 'her soaps' with her. Poor baby. I better go rescue him.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment