Sunday, March 7, 2010

In which I recount a weekend

Current Tunes: Relient K's "Forget and Not Slow Down" album. I could listen to this a thousand times. And I do.
Plans for the evening: Write a soc paper, relax, talk to Jesus, watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Current Excitement: Skipping class tomorrow to babysit Brennan!

Mother of pearl on a Sunday. I am flushed. Absolutely shattered.

So this weekend was good. No, that's not correct. More like INTENSE and DRAINING. Whew.
I went up to Duluth this weekend for a Catch the Fire conference run by Generation Revival from TCHOP. I stayed with Kaitlin at the UMD dorms (she's a super host, btw), and the church where the conference was at was like 15 blocks away. A short drive. Or 'jaunt,' as they say at the college. Haha. Anyways. I loved driving around Duluth because I feel really comfortable about it because I know my way around quite well. And it gives me practice with city driving/ one way streets.

So the conference was cool. There weren't loads of people there, I guess. Not as many as I thought there'd be. Also I felt awkward because I didn't really know anyone. The worship was fantastic and I liked all of the speakers. There was a lot of food for thought. But I still felt really... I don't know... uncomfortable and out of place. Like I didn't belong there. And my heart was being attacked by the Enemy. So the first night and most of the second day I just kind of observed. I tried to get into it and meet with the Holy Spirit but there was a barrier (isn't there always with me?). So I just read my Psalms and smiled. And cried. I cried a lot. I don't know why. The tears just leaked out. Guh. Hormones much?

Anyways. Saturday night was different. The Holy Spirit fell on that place. I just wanted to stay in His presence forever. It was glorious. Everyone was going crazy for God. Which I loved to see. Anyways. Shonna needs to work on some things. As usual. The road to perfection and holiness is never ending.

Between sessions I got a chance to wander around my favorite city. Photographed some ducks. And got hot chocolate from Caribou. Twice. And I sat on a bench in the glorious weather and read Make Love, Make War by... someone who I forget. The guy who wrote "Come, Now is the Time to Worship." Anyways it's about the worship movement and I'm really excited to read it. Which reminds me I need to get my application/audition stuff done for FMA, like, yesterday. Guhhhh. Obstacles. Also me and the gals + Logan ate at Hell's Kitchen/Burger. I got a corn dog that looked more like a barnacle that I ate half of. And I the next morning I ate brunch at the U and there were CARROTS!

So. I basically read Psalms all weekend. I feel like David and I had a lot of similarities in our emotional ranges. And such.
My favorite from the weekend is Psalm 139. It's a classic; read it now.
Here's an excerpt (v. 7-10):
"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

On a sad note, a dear friend of mine lost her mother this past Friday. I pray that God gives them strength and supernatural comfort during this time. I cannot begin to imagine. I'm going to go hug my mother.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment